L5R - Campaigns
- The following six school tags are active: Artisan, bushi, courtier, monk, ninja, shugenja
- Everyone may take his path to or from artisan and courtier or to monk, but bushi, ninja and shugenja are mutually exclusive
- Alternate Paths may, but don’t have to, replace the original technique – so it would be possible to take a path, following the school and therefore getting the fifth technique at insight rank six or higher; it’s not possible to take a lower rank technique than those already learned. Every path after the first one is jointed with an obligation to daimyo and/or sensei.
- Ronin paths: It is allowed to learn a technique of a lower rank to fill an empty slot instead of the actual slot.
- There are five callings for ninja-like schools; every one cultivates one element over the others:
Air (Actor, Infiltrator), Earth (Spy), Fire (Shadow), Water (Harrier, Shadow-Warrior), Void (Ninja)
- Unaffiliated monks gain additional 15 experience points during character creation.