L5R - Campaigns
- The courtly duel uses only one attack, period. SAA and Extra attack may be used after the change to the 1on1-skirmish.
- For two raises, a hit doesn’t inflict damage. It only touches lightly but recognizable the enemy.
- The bonus of the center stance is granted to the third (strike) round only, except otherwise noted in some techniques.
- Bystanders may assess the duelists with a TN +10 and for double the needed Raises (i.e.: one assessment for two Raises), but only for direct comparison of the participants and the information is not available before the third (strike) round.
- Taryu-Jiai: Steps One and Two are unchanged.
Step Three: Empower – Avatars w/ MagicWounds equaling Ring x 10
Step Four: Strike(s) – Contested rolls (same as in the book); the shugenja suffer a decrease to their used Ring of -1 per full 10 Wounds lost; this damage regenerates for one rank per hour after the duel. If an avatar “dies”, his shugenja dies with him, as his chosen Ring would be reduced to Zero!
For duels not to the death, both participants is given time to reconsider after every (or second, or third, …) exchange.